8 Ways to Show Your Dog You Care
- Feed your dog at regular times; dogs like routine.
- Always keep a bowl of fresh water available.
- Make sure license and name tags are securely attached to your dogs collar.
- Provide your dog with a variety of toys, and give it incentive to play - your participation.
- Don't give your dog a bone - stick to nylon or leather ones. Real bones can splinter (never give real bones to cats either).
- Practice responsible pet ownership. Please, neuter or spay your pets.
- Walk or jog with your dog each day. Or ride your bike so your dog can trot alongside.
- Keep in mind that dogs can't always let us know when they are sick. Watch for signs of illness like listlessness, vomiting and loss of interest in food. Visit your veterinarian regularly and keep vaccinations up to date.