Healthy pets make happy companions.
Be on the watch for any signs of ill health. The Southern California Veterinary Medical Veterinary Association recommends that you consult a veterinarian if your pet shows any of the following signs:
- Loss of appetite, excessive water consumption or marked loss or gain of weight.
- Excessive scratching, head shaking or licking and biting of any part of the body.
- Development of a dull or ragged coat or unusual hair loss
- Abnormal discharge from the nose, eyes or other body openings. Foul breath or tartar buildup on teeth.
- Limping or difficulty getting up or down. Development of lumps.